How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Deborah Awyzio Your Own Question
Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 863
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Deborah Awyzio is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I'm ***** *****. I want to know what sub-regulation 25 (2)

Customer Question

Customer: Hi I'm ***** ***** Raymond. I want to know what sub-regulation 25 (2) in relation to Family Dispute Resolution is
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I applied to the Family Mediation Counseling Victoria to resolve an issue of non-communication with my ex-husband regarding our two children who live with him currently. I had an interview with a practitioner and my ex-husband attended. The outcome was that it would not be appropriate to conduct the proposed family dispute resolution and sub-regulation 25 (2) was mentioned as the reason. My ex-husband is adamant that he will not discuss anything with me. I have tried many times just to get him to talk to me before I approached mediation. This does not help my situation at all. Help would be appreciated!
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Australia Law Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.

Good Afternoon

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.

If it is for children, has the mediator issued the certificate?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The lack of communication between myself and my ex-husband regarding our children was the reason I sought mediation. The practitioner decreed that Part VII (b) was the appropriate response to the attendance by myself and my ex-husband. I am completely disappointed that we could not have a joint mediation session as he is adamant he does not want to talk to me about anything at any time.
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.

Good Afternoon

If you were going to seek orders for children that are not agreed the law requires you to go to mediation.

If it fails then you get a certificate and take it to court for the court to make orders.

You should apply to the court and seek the orders that you want and have him served and let the process take care of it.