Have Australian Law Questions? Ask a Lawyer Now.

I am recently separated with a nearly four year old child.

Customer Question
Hi. I am recently separated...
Hi. I am recently separated with a nearly four year old child. My ex has been involved with two other women for the full duration of our daughter's life and is a busy surgeon. I mention this only so you have some idea of how absent he has been. He has also been telling the women and multiple colleagues in bizarre detail that our daughter is dying of cancer and essentially not expected to live past Christmas 2016. I am concerned about his mental state and cannot help but worry about the safety of our daughter when with him. I do understand the importance of having him present for my daughter and would never attempt to stop their relationship. Currently he is seeing her for around 10 hours per week ( much more than ever before). He is asking for her 5 nights/fortnight. She is only three. I want her with me with one house for now, even if she has 5 hour visits in the day. I'm terrified he might actually get what he asks for. He is very intelligent, presents well and obviously lies very well. Can you please offer me any advice?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Australia Law
12/26/2015
Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 1 year ago
Leon, Solicitor

Good Morning

You have to have evidence of what you are alleging.

The court and the law is interested in the child and what is in the childs best interests

Here is some information

http://www.federalcircuitcourt.gov.au/wps/wcm/connect/fccweb/family-law-matters/family-law-in-australia/parenting-cases-the-best-interests-of-the-child/

If the child has been with you mainly this is the current status and the law is reluctant to change that unless it can be shown it benefits the child.

He will only get more time with her if it can be shown that it is in her best interests.

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If there is nothing further

thank you for using my services.

If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know

If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.

Regards

Leon, Solicitor