Daniel, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (dist) Graduate Diploma in Legal Practise. Admitted NSW Supreme Court / High Court
13248794

I am 78 yo, living and working in Indonesia. Currently on

Customer Question

Customer: I am 78 yo, living and working in Indonesia. Currently on holiday visiting my family in NSW. On my way I talked to a person who suggested I log on a website for sexy videos. Stupidli and out of curiosity, I did. Subsequently, my I-pad was blocked and I am given message that I have broken the law viewing banned videos. I am here only for a short time until 9 January and am scared I may have broken the law ? I am scared I embarrass my daughter and grandchildren. What should I do? Please help
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I don't understand? What more details ?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Australia Law Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Yes of course
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

Hello
Do not be worried.
Police never contact such people in such manner.
It is a scammer, taking advantage of people like you, looking at such sites to extort money out of you.
I get these questions from concerned customers all the time.

Simply ignore it.

Please rate my service and click ACCEPT. Merry Christmas

Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

Hello
Is there any further assistance that I can provide?
Please click accept and rate my service.
I am able to answer further questions after accepting.