How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Leon Your Own Question
Leon, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 44346
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Leon is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

, I have overstayed in Sydney years because I was

Customer Question

Customer: hi
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I have overstayed in Sydney for 4 years because I was diagnosed because of bipolar, That time i was ill and i didn't find suitable medicine in my country, So i overstayed. Later I am improved. Now I am like a head chef. I can work very hard as well with medication. I am healthy and fine now, I worked in a very strict environment and worked under very experienced chefs. So I know how to make quality food. So I got the sponsor now for work visa from my restaurant. Is it possible to apply for work visa for me? if yes , have you handled same case like me before?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Australia Law Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: hi r u there
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.

Good Evening

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.

Are you still in Australia?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.

Good Afternoon

Because you have continued to stay you are an overstayer and any visa you apply for will be rejected and you will be deported.

Had you left this would have assisted

Since your last visa how long have you been here without a visa?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
4 years, Well I asked someone and said there is chances for 457, is that lie?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My lawyer said , i can apply for 457 visa and if that rejected i can apply for mrt as well
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.

Good Evening

I personally believe as you are not on a current visa and you are an overstayer you will not be granted any visa.

A 457 is applied for by the employer not you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What about applying for waiver. If i returned to home I will have bans. Can i apply for waiver from my country if i have reason? Half of the world's population has disorder, Anybody could suffer from genetic disease. So it's normal. can i apply work visa from my country if i got success to lift the bans. Somebody changed my brain so i cannot adjust in religious and conservation environment. So i love Australia's environment very much. I ask you is it good to depend upon other for my medicine and do nothing or take medicine, work and pay tax to government.
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.

They will not give you a waiver.

You should read the following

This is your only option but there is no guarantee

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok if i go to csrs , will i be banned if i have bridging visa
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i mean if i got
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.

I believe you will be deported but this is your only hope to get legal and stay.

Good luck with it,

You are very welcome and thank you for using my services.

If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know

If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.