Have Australian Law Questions? Ask a Lawyer Now.

If my father gifting money that are disputed by sibling.

Customer Question
Customer: hi if my father...
Customer: hi if my father gifting money that are disputed by sibling. what law apply? thank u for reply
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: just father in normal brian capacity give 50000$ to me but give 20000 to my brother. brother is unsatisfied. is there any law applied to solve the issue? thank you for look.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Australia Law Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: all right
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Australia Law
12/19/2015
Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 2 years ago
Leon, Solicitor

Good Afternoon

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.

He can do what he wants. They cannot make any objection.

If he is of sound mind, it is his choice. If the siblings are going to allege it is a loan then he should make sure that he sets out in his will that it was not a loan.

But he can do what he wants with his money

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance.

If there is nothing further

thank you for using my services.

If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know

If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.

Regards

Leon, Solicitor