How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Leon Your Own Question
Leon, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 44677
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Leon is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

, Yes I married into a Greek family, sold my

Customer Question

Customer: Hi Leon,
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Yes I married into a Greek family, sold my house and subsequently spent a substantial amount building a home with my husband on his parent's land. I lived there for 18 years raising my children. Everything has gone belly up and I want to know where I stand. I supported the family as my husband didn't work. I am a teacher. Luckily I have kept most of the receipts.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Australia Law Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Yeah sure
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.

Good Evening

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.

You can claim a share of the parents property because you have made contributions.

This may have to be asserted in the Supreme Court and you will claim they hold the share in trust for you.

If you wish to join the parents in the family law proceedings you can do that as well and deal with it in the Family Court.

But you will have to use a solicitors.

You may get more in the family court as it would take into account the non financial contributions as well. Where the Supreme Court will only look at financial contributions.

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If there is nothing further

thank you for using my services.

If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know

If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.



Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.

Good Afternoon

I am just following up my last post. Is there anything else I can assist you with?

Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.

Good Morning

I am just following up my last post. If you need any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Have a great new year