How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Deborah Awyzio Your Own Question
Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 863
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Deborah Awyzio is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I received threats online from July 2009 from person/s who I

Customer Question

I received threats online from July 2009 from person/s who I believe used fake names and they were names/profiles I didn't know the police in NSW didn't offer to help me find out who did this to me when I went into report being threatened. The email accounts
were***@******.*** and***@******.*** the police failed to monitor my online accounts to catch these people. Legally under the law was this something the police should of investigated ? considering it was a threat to harm me. I went
to the police in 2011 early May ? in NSW to report getting threatened, to report that I was being followed by men and no detectives came out to help me the police didn't take action. October 2011 Detectives came to my home this man had reported I was threatening
him via email but I told them I got threatened by email and i went to the police. These detectives didn't know I had reported it to the police. I tried to prove I was the vic***** *****ding over documents of threats I got and showing them my police report events
number card. I felt these cops were hassling me when this man is caught for murder etc. I want to make a formal complaint to higher authorities as I felt the NSW Police Force/detectives didn't help me thus I felt they put my life in danger where do I go to
do this ? and what is the Austrlian law (as a victims rights?)
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.

Good Afternoon

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.

It all depends on what the threats are and if you have a fear. That is what the police will investigation.

Are you in NSW or Tasmania?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the replies and the heads up sorry this is all new to me thanks for letting me know about the $ costing me more money sorry about that well the threats said that person/s were planning on harming me planning events near my home this was in NSW and I'm now in TAS. NSW police detectives I spoke to two and they said they were investigating it but no one has gotten back to me so I'm concerned and worried as I am still receiving strange messages/threats online and I still see this man lurking around my neighborhood. I also told police stations but according to them that case has been closed ? I had an events number card from reporting it. I am confused and puzzled why no one caught the person/s who did this to me ? there were also men who were following me trying to lure me away with them and I also told the police/detectives. This person man who I think it is won't stop. I do have a fear but I guess lack of evidence to really say its him.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
my post from the other post - what are the police officers and detectives suppose to provide to you when they come to question you re bagdes and ??????
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.

Good Evening

If you know who the person is and fear for your safety the police should take out an AVO.

Why did they close the case?

The police have to provide you their names and an event number.