How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Deborah Awyzio Your Own Question
Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 863
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Deborah Awyzio is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My son, a chef who has worked same company years is on sick

Customer Question

Customer: My son, a chef who has worked for the same company for 10 years is on sick leave for anxiety caused by his work environment. He has used up all his sick leave and today without any warning he noticed he has received a wage cut. This has added to his anxiety because after he put in a claim to Work Cover he had to sign that he would not work anywhere else while the claim is being processed. He still has everyday bills and mortgage to pay and work (Crown Casino) seems to be using delaying tactics in processing his claim. The anxiety makes it hard for him to leave his apartment to attend medical appointments and speaks to his Psychologist via phone. What recourse does he have if any?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Work Cover has full access to his medical records but seems to be making things hard for him by continually harassing him with phone calls. They don't seem to have much understanding of mental illness unfortunately.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Australia Law Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: OK
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.

Good Afternoon

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.

He should be on workers compensation if the anxiety is because of work.

Has workcover acce[ted his claim?