Leon, Solicitor
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)
12124641

I was told my father didn't leave a will by my stepbrother

Customer Question

Hi I was told my father didn't leave a will by my stepbrother apparantly this isn't so how can I find out
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.

Good Afternoon

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.

Do you know what state you father passed away in?

How long ago did he pass and did he have any assets?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He passed away in NSW he died in 2006 he had a unit which my stepmother sold for $220.000 other assest I am not sure of
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.

Good Morning,

You can check and see if they were granted probate by contacting the Supreme Court of NSW

http://www.supremecourt.justice.nsw.gov.au/Pages/SCO2_contactus/SCO2_contactus.aspx

If they have applied for probate then you can get a copy and it will have teh will attached.

If not then they may have applied for letters of administration if there is no will but you would have had to consent.

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. if there is nothing further

thank you for using my services.

If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know

If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.

Regards