How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Leon Your Own Question
Leon, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 44178
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Leon is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I live in Melb I wish to take legal action against my ex

Customer Question

I live in Melb
I wish to take legal action against my ex husband who committed physical, emotional, monetary and sexual violence towards me and my daughter, over an 18 year period. Fuelled by excessive alcohol and drug use.
I also wish to see if it is possible to freeze his assets.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.

Good Afternoon

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.

It is not a simple question to answer but the courts do take it into consideration in property matters.

Here is a detailed link for you to read

You will have to detail it all in your affidavit and if you have not reported it earlier then you have to explain why and if there are witnesses you have to try and get them to give evidence.

It may not freeze assets but of you fear he will dispose assets you can get injunctions to stop him.

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance.

If there is nothing further

thank you for using my services.

If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know

If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.