Have Australian Law Questions? Ask a Lawyer Now.

I have a family Law question. My 15 yo daughter has been

Customer Question
I have a family Law...
I have a family Law question.
My 15 yo daughter has been given an interim accommodation order.
if we are unable to comply with all of the conditions set out - what will be the consequences?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Australia Law
12/8/2015
Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 2 years ago
Leon, Solicitor

Good Morning

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.

Who is the order in favour of?

My Daughter
if i understand your question correctly. there are multiple conditions for myself, my husband and my duaghter

Good Morning

What court made this order? It does not appear to be the Family Court.

Why can you not comply and are you referred to in the order that you will do certain things?

it was made at the children's court in melbourne. Children's court - family division
there are orders to attend family cancelling that cannot be organised prior to the next hearing on Monday. Also my husband is unavailable this week to talk to the DHHS for assessment. So i wanted to know what the consequences are for not being able to comply.
sorry counselling

Good Afternoon

Can you get a letter from the counselling service to confirm when you are booked in?

i could. What about my husband being unavailable? he is out of the state at this time

Unavailable for court or the Counselling?

both

When is he back?

You should get dates with the counsellor when he is back as well.

Show the court you are doing all things necessary to comply. He does not have to be in court and you can mention to the court his abscenses

the only issue is - the DHHS is insisting that they speak with him to asses him - so i assume she will not be allowed to come home because he is not availbe

Good Morning

Does he have a number overseas?

If he does this should be made available to them.

I am not sure what you mean about him coming home. They cant stop him returning

Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor