How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Leon Your Own Question
Leon, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 44894
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Leon is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I'm a 59-year-old university graduate and freelance editor.

Customer Question

I’m a 59-year-old university graduate and freelance editor. I edit different types of material in jobs I get online. I’m considering applying for a visa for Australia. I want to be able to reside in Australia for at least two years, and I want to be able
to legally earn money from jobs online. I have a government pension for life. What type of visa do I need, and what steps are required to get it?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Australia Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
On a different subject, there’s something of a surge in militarism in the US now. It’s been going on for several years. For example, I often get approached by strangers who are obviously obsessed with my military service some 40 years ago. I was a common sailor.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It often takes the form of harassment. I did report it to authorities.
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.

Good Evening

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.

I cannot comment on the harassment part in the USA.

It is not going to be easy for you to get a visa here in Australia.

Do you want to work here? Or just holiday?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I want to work part-time on my computer at home.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is there a visa for retired persons?
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.

Good Morning

There is but it is a retirement investment visa

You can check and see if you qualify by following the link on the site.

I hope this makes sense and if of assistance.

If there is nothing further

thank you for using my services.

If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know

If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.



Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well as of 5:15 p.m. US central time Thursday the website you mention isn't working correctly. And since it is not an official Australia government site, I cannot rely on the information there anyway. Is your specialty immigration law in Australia? If not I can just look up this stuff myself online.
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.

Good Morning

No I am not an immigration lawyer

But the following link is the visa from the government website.

There was a retirement visa 410 but it is no longer available

So its not going to be easy.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well I don't think I meet the criteria for an investor visa, and I'm not poor by American or world standards. And it appears that I wouldn't be able to remain in Australia longer than 3 months with a visitor visa. Unless you can think of some way I can remain in the country for more than 3 months at a time, I'm not going to waste my money flying down there.
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.

Good Afternoon

You can apply for a 600 visa which is a long term visa and you can elect to be here up to 12 months

They can allow you up to 12 months on this one.