How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Leon Your Own Question
Leon, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 44178
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Leon is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have an ongoing dispute with telstra we were issued an Ex

Customer Question

I have an ongoing dispute with telstra we were issued an Ex Gratia payment while both me & partner were on the phone
it was listed on our bill as Ex Gratia Rebate & we were told if it wanted to close account we could get it back as a refund which we requested
I then requested a refund sent to my Bank account they took all the details & approved the request but it was sent to someone else's credit card
They noticed the mistake after i told them i haven't gotten the refund yet the next day Telstra has billed me for the same amount as my refund saying i should have not gotten my Ex Gratia Rebate it was an error Then charging me the amount they sent to someone Else's credit card as well
Tio have been involved since this started but they haven't really done anything & i don't know what to do
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Australia Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Removed our Ex Gratia payment under Account adjustment Then charging our Landline phone a Mobile account adjustment
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.

Good Morning

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.

If you dispute their actions you can take the matter to the Ombudsman.

You should get together all correspondence from them and also set out the discussions you had with them and the name of the consultant.

If it is a general mistake on their part then the Ombudsman may allow them to withdraw it but if not they will have to pay you.

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If there is nothing further

thank you for using my services.

If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know

If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.



Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.

Good Morning

Are you still in need of assistance?