Have Australian Law Questions? Ask a Lawyer Now.

Can you tell my how a criminal record lasts and after 15

Customer Question
Can you tell my how...
Can you tell my how long a criminal record lasts and after 15 years can you have it wiped
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Australia Law
11/26/2015
Solicitor: Patrick H., Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Patrick H.
Patrick H., Lawyer

Hello and thank you for your question.

The following section explains which convictions can and can't become spent:

http://www.austlii.edu.au/au/legis/nsw/consol_act/cra1991167/s7.html

If the conviction in question is one that can be spent it will usually be spent after a 10 year crime free period. If you commit further crimes during the period, the time period before a conviction becomes spent starts again.

http://www.austlii.edu.au/au/legis/nsw/consol_act/cra1991167/s10.html

I trust the above assists your understanding.

If you have a follow up question PLEASE rate my answer.

Patrick

Please rate my answer.

Patrick H.
Patrick H.
Patrick H., Lawyer