How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Deborah Awyzio Your Own Question
Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 863
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Deborah Awyzio is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My local school reported me to CP's on mt daughters poor

Customer Question

My local school reported me to CP's on mt daughters poor school attendance and lateness. I have a mental illness ocd and depression with was explained to the school by a letter from my Dr. I have made a good improvement but cps said they will not close the case unless it is 100per cent. What do I do. I am doing the best I can? I feel discriminated against.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  kmslaw replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is***** am a solicitor in NSW who will help with your inquiry today. You can lodge a complaint with the Australian Human Rights Commission if CPS is a Commonwealth government body. Who are CPS? Can you give me the full name so I can look it up?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Kylie. Thankyou for your quick reply. CPS is child protection services. They have kept my case open for 13months now. They have investigated my family situation found no risk of harm, they even told me I'm a good parent and I have raised a beautiful child but will not close the case because my daughters school attendance is not 100% and she has frequent late days of approx 15mins arriving at 9.15am instead of 9am. I have depression and anxiety disorder ocd and this is affecting my mental heath greatly. I have made at least 80percent improvement since they opened the case but they said unless its 100percent they will not close the case. I feel this is very unfair. Help . Thankyou, Lena.
Expert:  kmslaw replied 1 year ago.

Are you talking about DoCS? Because I cannot find a Commonwealth government department or even a NSW government department called Child Protection Services.

Expert:  kmslaw replied 1 year ago.

DoCS is Department of Community Services. It's a NSW body.