How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Deborah Awyzio Your Own Question
Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 863
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Deborah Awyzio is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a problem I'm not sure how to deal with. recently we

Customer Question

i have a problem I'm not sure how to deal with.
recently we did a construction contract for a tier 2 builder.
unfortunately one of the contracting companies order materials with out my knowledge or consent.
the materials supplier booked the materials under my sole trader account instead of the pty ltd company running the contract.
the material supplier is now threatening me personally with legal action,
my question is am i liable for the debt and can i go them with contributory negligence and professional misconduct and if so am i entitled to recover the 8 thousand i have already given them
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.

Good Morning

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.

On what authority did they buy it under your account? Had you given them this authority?