How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Leon Your Own Question
Leon, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 44196
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Leon is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am seeking advise in relation to how to apply Maintenance

Customer Question

I am seeking advise in relation to how to apply for Adult Maintenance for my 19 year old son. He is unemployed and resides with me permanently
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.

Good Morning

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.

Is he a student?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He was last year. This year has has been unemployed. He is looking at applying for an apprenticeship
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.

Good Afternoon

Child Support ends at the age of 18. If the child then continued on to Tertiary education they can themselves apply to the Family Court for a child support order.

If they are not a student then they cannot apply and they will not get any order. Once he starts the course then he can apply

Here is some information

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If there is nothing further

thank you for using my services.

If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know

If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.