How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Daniel Your Own Question
Daniel, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 5599
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (dist) Graduate Diploma in Legal Practise. Admitted NSW Supreme Court / High Court
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Daniel is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a credit card (CBA)from a previous marriage and now

Customer Question

I have a credit card (CBA)from a previous marriage and now the debt has been taken over by Pioneer Credit. The original balance was $31,000 and now is $35,000. The interest rate they're charging is 20.24% and I've been paying $1,000 dollars per month since 2012. Can they charge this amount of interest? I've offered a settlement and they've done the same of $20,000.
Why do I stand legally?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

What name is ***** ***** in?
Have you not done a property settlement with the ex?
Sadly they can claim what interest it is, which I suggest maybe penalty interest.
I suggest speaking with the financial ombudsman and have them look into the matter for you.
They can make a judgement call.

Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

Is there any further assistance that I can be of?
If not, please rate my service and click on the ACCEPT button.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Will get back to you on Friday
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.