How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Deborah Awyzio Your Own Question
Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 863
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Deborah Awyzio is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I would like to bring people to Australia from India

Customer Question

I would like to bring people to Australia from India
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.

Good Morning

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.

Are you in anyway affiliated with the school?

Even if they are paid by india they have to be paid correctly as if they were employed by an Australian Employer

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am affiliated with the school in India and Australia
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK, then. At what point would a trip be for a "business trip" or "training"? I was working for an Investment Bank in Australia and I spent six months in the London office. However I was still paid by the Australian company in Australian dollars. How do secondments work?
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.

Good Afternoon

You have to work with the school in India.

They have to deal with the Department and also if they can with the indian consulate.

Secondment works you pay them for the time they are here.

If the department agrees maybe you can subsidise their income.