How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Leon Your Own Question
Leon, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 44348
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Leon is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Leon Can you give advice about dead of release signed?

Customer Question

Hi Leon Can you give advice about dead of release signed?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.

Good Evening

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.

Why did she sign it?

How long ago did she sign it?

By signing it she has given up all her rights.

She cannot sue them for anything now.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
She signed it because she was in need of money and also because she was confused at the time this was in September 2012 she didn't have legal advice at the time as she couldn't afford and she needed the money to pay her rent arrears etc. she now has a solicitor acting for her in her workers compensation claim and she has a claim submitted but my question is are there any ways she can undue this as her confused state of mind, she did not know what she was doing and was in distress
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can you advise if there is a way to dispute it due to her condition at all? I'm hoping there's something I can do to help. She didn't even read it and due to all the bullying and harassment experienced by her employer she signed it in distress
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.

Good Afternoon

Because it has been 3 years she is going to have difficulty changing it now.

What she can do is seek advise form a solicitor that practices in Compensation law to look at everything and then give her more detailed advise on whether she can do anything now. The Deed of release will say she cannot sue but if she was bullied etc that may be able to be used to overturn it.

It is going to be hard.

She can contact the law society of NSW and ask to be referred to a Solicitor that practices in Compensation law.

Their website is as follows:

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance.