How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask James D. Ford Your Own Question
James D. Ford
James D. Ford, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 1601
Experience:  Consulting Principal at Nexus Law Group
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
James D. Ford is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am trying to find a lawyer that can help me fight a

Customer Question

I am trying to find a lawyer that can help me fight a landlord there has been too many issues with my tenancy and im now being evicted I have been verbally abused many times and accused of tampering with the water and changing toilets ect I am not capable of these thing the owner will turn up on my doorstep abusing me in front of my children
I have found another place to move to but they are going to take my bond because of the false accusations of the 90 plus yr old owner with dementia not sure where to turn I am an honest hard working single
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  James D. Ford replied 1 year ago.

Hi Carolyn

The bond should be held with the Rental Bond Authority, and whilst the LL can ask for the bond, they cannot automatically take it... if you disagree... there is a process to follow, and the RTA will attempt to resolve the dispute.

You can lodge a Form 16 - Dispute Resolution Form with the RTA at no cost.

Here is a link:

You can email the form to:


If the RTA is unable to resolve the dispute, they will issue a Notice of unresolved dispute, so that matter can be taken to QCAT - the Qld Civil and Administrative Tribunal, for a decision.

Please accept and rate my response.

Kind regards,