How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask James D. Ford Your Own Question
James D. Ford
James D. Ford, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 1601
Experience:  Consulting Principal at Nexus Law Group
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
James D. Ford is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have received a statement of claim owing on my behalf

Customer Question

i have received a statement of claim for monies owing on my behalf ....will i still be allowed to leave the country at christmas to visit my daughter and new born grandchild
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  James D. Ford replied 1 year ago.

Hi, when did you receive the SoC? was it only recently?

If so, then you won't have any issue leaving the Country.

It is only if the matter progressed to a Bankrupcty, and you had to hand your passport to the Trustee in Bankruptcy, that you would be restricted in your travel movements, and need to obtain consent from the Trustee in Bankruptcy in order to travel.

Please accept and rate my response.

Kind regards,