How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Deborah Awyzio Your Own Question
Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 863
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Deborah Awyzio is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My partener is going through settlement with s x wife of 23

Customer Question

My partener is going through settlement with his x wife of 23 yrs . but we have now found out she is giving her solicitors a different marriage date which is 14 yrs more than they were even together. They never had children together . will this new information change the outcome of her payout as she has been asking for half his super . cash amount s and for him to take over the existing mortgage ?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.

Good Evening

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.

Does your partner have a marriage certificate?

Does he dispute the date she is saying that they were married?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
he found a photo of them both signing it the date is clear to see . and yes he disputes it
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.

He has to get the marriage certificate.

The court will find that the most compelling evidence.

Did they get married in NSW?