How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Daniel Your Own Question
Daniel, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 5771
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (dist) Graduate Diploma in Legal Practise. Admitted NSW Supreme Court / High Court
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Daniel is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I worked Association called Teralba Association Inc. The

Customer Question

My name is***** worked for an Association called Teralba Association Inc. The Association has gone into liquidation and I am owed approximately $4,500.00 in holiday pay. The ABN for this Association is *********** I have tried to contact Fair Works but have had no success in trying to do this.Can you give me some help please.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

All you really can do at this point is speak to the Fair Work Ombudsman.
They are the appropriate forum to deal with the matter sadly.
I trust with time they will respond.
Issue is, even if you sue them in a small claims court and the like, it is the wrong jurisdiction, if your old employer is smart, they will just dismiss the application.
I wish I could give better news, but cannot give false hope.