Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
14265171

We have a commercial lease on a shop in the CBD in Brisbane,

Customer Question

We have a commercial lease on a shop in the CBD in Brisbane, the lease is current till May 2016. The property has been sold to a developer and they want us to move out. How do we structure a compensation package, is it structured on costs of relocation and fit out of new salon or projected profits for the term of the lease or the amount the business would be worth if we were to sell it with a current lease? Or a combination of all these?
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.

Good Afternoon

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.

Does the lease have a termination clause in it?

Any compensation should take into account the cost of moving, setting up a new salon and loss of money that you will suffer as a result of the move.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No the lease does not have a termination clause in it.
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.

Good Afternoon

There is no clause that allows them to end the lease?