Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
14265171

I am considering buying a land in Kuranda, Queensland. The

Customer Question

Hi, I am considering buying a land in Kuranda, Queensland. The current title search states ESTATE AND LAND
Estate in Fee Simple
LOT 3 REGISTERED PLAN 722839
County of NARES Parish of SMITHFIELD
Local Government: MAREEBA
EASEMENTS, ENCUMBRANCES AND INTERESTS
1. Rights and interests reserved to the Crown by
Deed of Grant No. 20332146 (Lot 3 on RP 722839)
What does it mean? Where can I find Rights, encumbrances and interests mentioned above listed?
Kind regards,
Bozena
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.

Good Evening

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.

It means that anything found under the lad is owned by the government.

You should contact DNRM and get copies of the grant and the other lot and RP

Also get anything else that is registered on the title.

You need to do this to make sure that you know what affects the land.

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Good evening,
I did a Title Search, got RP,and it is listed above. In fact I copied information from the current title search. By DNRM you mean DEPT OF NATURAL RESOURCES AND MINES, QUEENSLAND? In the title there are only registered owners, other ADMINISTRATIVE ADVICES - NIL
UNREGISTERED DEALINGS - NIL
Could you please explain what it means Estate in Fee Simple?
Thanks, Bozena
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.

Good Evening

The grant number you can get a copy of that as well from DNRM

Fee simple The greatest possible estate in land, wherein the owner has the right to use it, exclusively possess it, commit waste upon it, dispose of it bydeed or will, and take its fruits. A fee simple represents absolute ownership of land, and therefore the owner may do whatever he or shechooses with the land. If an owner of a fee simple dies intestate, the land will descend to the heirs.

So the person that owns it can sell it they are the rue owners and noone can stop them selling to you.

Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.

Good Evening

I am just following up my last post. Are you still in need of assistance?