How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Leon Your Own Question
Leon, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 44177
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Leon is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was charged with driving without due care and attention in

Customer Question

I was charged with driving without due care and attention in Queensland after a car accident at 1am, in February and appeared in court which I pleaded guilty to until then had good driving history and no offences. I was fined $450 and lost 3 demerit points. Kept my license
I now have opportunity to work overseas and was wondering if this would show up on my police check? I was told by legal aid this was a criminal offence, but don't think that is totally correct.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.

Good Morning

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.

It is a criminal offence but it relates to your traffic record.

It should not have any impact on your application to work overseas but you have to disclose it.

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If there is nothing further

thank you for using my services.

If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know

If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.



Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Have applied for police check and got a copy of my traffic history as well.
What about if I was to travel to NZ do I have to declare it as a criminal offence and would I be stopped from entering country? I believe they have on there entry card not including traffic
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.

Good Afternoon

It is a minor offence and you should not have a problem.

To be 100% certain you should apply for a visa before you go.

For the US you would need to get a visa before you left. You have to disclose all charges and convictions.

Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.

Good Evening

I am just following up my last post.

Are you still in need of assistance?