Have Australian Law Questions? Ask a Lawyer Now.

I received a general procedure claim issued by the WA

Customer Question
Magistrates Court on behalf of...
I received a general procedure claim issued by the WA Magistrates Court on behalf of Credit Corp on 30/11/2015.
It is regarding a personal loan with Citigroup taken out I'm 2003 and this debt was assigned to Credit Corp on 11/10/2013!
I can't remember this debt and would like to know where I stand???
Ming
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Australia Law
11/3/2015
Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 2 years ago
Leon, Solicitor

Good Afternoon

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.

They are out of time to bring the action.

Citigroup had 6 years from the last payment you made to sue you. If you can recall when you last made a payment you can then argue the limitation act and have ti struck out with costs.

It come under the general limitations

http://www5.austlii.edu.au/au/legis/wa/consol_act/la2005133/s13.html

Unless it was a secured loan over property then it is 12 years.

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance.

Hi LeonShould I contact their lawyer and do I tell them this debt is statute barred?

Good afternoon

You should put it in writing that it os statute barred and if they do not withdraw it you will seek costs.

Then you see a solicitor if they refuse.

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If there is nothing further

thank you for using my services.

If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know

If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.

Regards

Any templates you can provide me Leom?

Good Afternoon

I dont have a template but I can look at something you draft and give you ideas

Good Evening

I am just following up my last post

are you still in need of assistance?

Leon, Solicitor