Have Australian Law Questions? Ask a Lawyer Now.

Can I stop my ex husband from leaving the country? He is

Customer Question
Can I stop my ex...
Can I stop my ex husband from leaving the country? He is going overseas and was taking our children for a 7 week holiday but now has said he wont be taking the children but intends on still going with his new wife and baby. I don't believe he is going to return and he will stop paying school fees and child support.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Australia Law
11/2/2015
Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 2 years ago
Leon, Solicitor

Good Morning

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.

Do you have court orders?

If you do not believe he is going to come back you can register the children with the Australian Federal Police and have them placed on the Airport watch list.

http://www.afp.gov.au/policing/family-law/family-law-kit

If you do not have court orders about where the children live you should file an urgent application with the court.

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If there is nothing further

thank you for using my services.

If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know

If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.

Regards

Good Evening

I am just following up my last post. Are you in need of further assistance?

Leon, Solicitor