How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Leon Your Own Question
Leon, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 44178
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Leon is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My privacy-related question is I am currently submitting a

Customer Question

My privacy-related question is I am currently submitting a complaint with my former employers a Local Health District (LHD) for admitting me as a mental health patient at the service where I used to be employed and resigned due to bullying, discrimination and harassment over my medical condition.
I asked to be transferred out of area as all the staff knew who I was and several had worked with me also but administration would not.
This led to a serious invasion of my privacy with former colleagues collecting and accessing health information about me, a lot of which was inaccurate.
I was misdiagnosed and given the wrong medication so I nearly died after discharge as no doctor wanted to go against the hospital medical team.
This happened twice in 2010 and 2012.
The service also had a contract with Housing NSW as I was a public housing tenant and they interfered with my treatment and placed me on an unnecessary and humiliating Community Treatment Order (CTO) in January 2013 as I wished to be treated privately and they wanted me to use their public services.
All my former colleagues could access my file and it was very degrading and humiliating being a former psychiatric nurse and harassed by my former employers so my privacy was breached so badly and I was publicly misrepresented and painted in a "poor light."
I also got very ill from being given the wrong treatment.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.

Good Morning

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.

It appears that this may be a negligence case as well but you have to move on it very quickly because time is running out.

You should contact larger firms that do work on a no win no fee basis.

There are Shine Lawyers, Maurice Blakburn etc.

If they find that it is a negligence case and insurance companies are involved then they will act on a no win no fee basis.

It sounds very complicated and has alot of avenues in it.

But this is what I would suggest

Good luck and if there is nothing further

thank you for using my services.

If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know

If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.