How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Deborah Awyzio Your Own Question
Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 863
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Deborah Awyzio is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I rent a space in a warehouse which is an Antique Centre,

Customer Question

I rent a space in a warehouse which is an Antique Centre, and also contains about 50/60 others rented spaces.
I have fallen behind in rent to the stage that I have been sent a Urgent Norice of Eviction, but they won't let me remove any of my stock.
That stock is also the key to paying the back rent, and i intend to honour that debt even if i am not there.
I asked in the past for help installing a fitting which (if not installed correctly) could be a safety hazard, and one of the owners also offered to reduce my rent for a time to help me 'get back on my feet', but that never happened.
Can i legally remove my stock which I paid for, and then enter some form of agreement of payment that may be negotiated?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.

Good Evening

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.

What does your lease say?