How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Deborah Awyzio Your Own Question
Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 863
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Deborah Awyzio is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Employment terms and conditions Working permanently with a

Customer Question

Employment terms and conditions
Working permanently with a multi-national engineering company. On each assignment we sign a new recital (terms and conditions) (T&C) for the next project we are working on. Term is longer than 12 months.
Only started in September 2015, on new assignment, and now they want to change terms and conditions to reduce hours and go to a longer work/R&R cycle.
Comment due to changing global conditions.
Are they able to change conditions? As they say, they put this in the T&C as a clause they refer to?
Have been working for same company for nearly 4 years.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.

Good Afternoon

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.

They cannot amend the contract unless you agree to it. No party can amend a contract unilaterally.

If the job no longer exists the contract you have should set out what can happen. You need to look at that in detail about terminations. If it is silent then they can make you redundant or redeploy you in an alternative position provided it is reasonable.

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance?