How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 116703
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

If my friend is currently on parole and bail in Australia

Customer Question

If my friend is currently on parole and bail in Australia for drug charges and he leaves flys back to New Zealand to live. What would happen?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

If your friend leaves without permission of the authorities because of his parole and if they do not agree to transfer his parole to NZ, then he would have committed a parole violation and NZ authorities would contact AU upon his arrival in the country and would detain him until AU determines whether or not they will revoke his parole. If they revoke his parole for this violation, then he would be returned and would be sent to prison for the parole violation and he would lose his bail.