Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
14265171

I have a question relating to property. My grandmothers home

Customer Question

Hi. I have a question relating to property. My grandmothers home was left to my father and two brothers in equal shares. One uncle passed away in 2011 and his only son was put on title deed. This uncle though left his share to my other uncle and when he died it would go to the son who was put on title deed. Unfortunately son died in July and my uncle died last week. How can you put name on title and is it really my uncle who died having two thirds share?
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.

Good Morning

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.

Was what you are saying in your uncles will? If it is then it would not be possible for his son to be registered on title. When the son died, did he have a will? Did you other uncle uncle died did he have a will?

If not did they leave a partner and children? Is your father still alive?