How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Deborah Awyzio Your Own Question
Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 863
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Deborah Awyzio is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

O'Hara and I have been on an Income Protection claim with

Customer Question

Hello, My name is***** and I have been on an Income Protection claim with the company MLC for the past 10 years. I have been suffering from chronic recurring illness fully specified by specialist Dr's ( 3 different Psychiatrist's plus many private practitioners) and have also been admitted to many rehabilitation hospitals/clinics over the past 10 years. As of from April this year MLC have been refusing to pay my claim as they demand my taxation returns for the past 4 financial years. Due to the fact of my illness I have been in no condition to prepare or submit such returns. I have no other income other than the Income protection Insurance and hence am forced to sell my property to have some financial income. My question is basically, considering I have very thorough medical records & claim forms submitted to MLC confirming my total inability to work in my profession, does MLC have a legal right to demand my taxation returns for this period considering my state of health has not improved and they have paid up on the policy for the past 10 years. Is there any other path I could pursue to obtain the reinstalment of my claim payments.
Your's Sincerely
Dr Frank O'Hara BSc,BVMS 1986
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.

Good Afternoon

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.

Why do they want your returns?

If it is a requirement under the policy that you submit them you have to submit them. You need to look at your responsiblities under the policy.