Daniel, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (dist) Graduate Diploma in Legal Practise. Admitted NSW Supreme Court / High Court
13248794

I have a question about international law. Probably a

Customer Question

Hi, I have a question about international law. Probably a commonly asked question
I have outstanding debts in the UAE, I live in Australia and will be travelling to the UK at Christmas. If I transit via Dubai, will there be a problem or would that be ok ? I hear Dubai airport is international territory so there shouldn't be a problem! I just don't fancy getting arrested on my way home
Regards
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

Hello
It is outstanding debts, not criminal matters so there should not pose as any issue.
You will not get arrested at all.
Please leave feedback and rate my service.
Please click on the accept button

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Daniel,Even if the bank have lodged this with the police ? I just wanted to know if they were then allowed to inform Interpol etcRegards
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

It is a debt matter, not criminal, so the police will not be notified.
Unless it is a debt in relation to fraud.

Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi,The outstanding debt is in relation to a loan and credit card! The amount is still outstanding and the bank says that they have passed this onto the police as I am not in the country anymore. If this is the case, do they have jurisdiction in Dubai airport that can prevent me transiting there or is that just bullying talk on their behalf ? They have told me that the police will contact Interpol and will put a travel ban on me ? I think this is a little far fetched but wanted to confirm before I fly there and might never return :-)Regards
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

Bullying 100% the police cannot do anything.
My advice has not changed.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Awesome, thanks for your assistance
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

All the best.
please leave feedback as to my service

Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.