How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Daniel Your Own Question
Daniel, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 5616
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (dist) Graduate Diploma in Legal Practise. Admitted NSW Supreme Court / High Court
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Daniel is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have family court order to say my wife can't take my 4

Customer Question

I have family court order to say my wife can't take my 4 year old son out of the country . However she wants to take him to Taiwan to see her family . If I agree that she can take him for 2 weeks . And she doesn't bring him back in that time what will happen to her .
Also how do I change this so she can go for 2 weeks only . Without lifting the orders ? Do I need to go to court or can we write a letter .
Her father is not well .
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

As Taiwan is not part of the Hague convention, she can frankly stay there and not return.
I would suggest that if you do allow her, that may well happen.
I would suggest not allowing her to go, or in turn put up surety of some money so that she will return.
At the end of the day, it is a matter for you, but it is a significant risk

Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

I would advise her not to take the child.

Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.