How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Deborah Awyzio Your Own Question
Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 863
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Deborah Awyzio is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My family has been living atSilkwood go 9 years the last 3 a

Customer Question

Hi my name is***** my family has been living at*****Silkwood go 9 years the last 3 a shooting range that is directly opposite our home has commenced operation after a long absence we have been put down and left for dead as the council has donated miner for this activity to increase by 200 % on what it done in the 90s.
With over 60 shots per minute within 90 meters of my door we hod no choice but to move my family out now we cannot sell this house as the noise every week end is unbelievable.
A test was conducted with 90 + decabels in my child's bed room withe council telling us the are aloud to reach 105 how can this be right.
This is happening every week end and only growing with the support of friends of the club within the council.
My mother in law has filmed ,taped and collected a lot of information on this incredible goings on that is happening in out urban environment.
There is 5 housed directly opposite this ridiculous activity in its earlier time before the stopped this activity the shot about 6 times a year in a respectable manner then stopped for 10 or so years they were offered to move back in the early 80,s but never did and now the council is developing them rather tha were our children used to grow up.
Any ideas on this matter ??
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.

Good Morning

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.

If the noise is excessive then you may have an action in nuisance.

Here is some information

Have you reported it to council and do you know what the zoning is for the use?

Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.

Good Morning

I am following up my last post

Are you still in need of assistance?

Related Australia Law Questions