Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
14265171

I have a court hearing at 9.30am on Monday to legalize

Customer Question

I have a court hearing at 9.30am on Monday to legalize agreed parental orders. Yesterday - Friday 16th at 2pm I received via e-mail 4 pages of various demands changing what has been already agreed to and asking for further changes, which cut my parental visit time further, in January 2016. The mother signed an affidavit the day before, Thursday 15th.
My question is - is this late timing and sending of the 4 pages legal?
Thank you very much
Lynette
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.

Good Morning

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.

These demands were they in a document that has been filed in the court or simply demands to you?

If it is the latter the court is not going to deal with them on the date of the hearing. They will only look at what the parties have currently before the court.

He cannot now ask for a change in his application it is too late.

If he wants to do that the court has to vacate the hearing date and that will delay and you have a right to seek costs for preparing for the hearing.