Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
14265171

When I was a student, I received a 3 year exclusion period

Customer Question

Hi. When I was a student, I received a 3 year exclusion period for accidentally overstaying for a month. I was given a bridging visa E to help complete my address though. I've got 3 more months before my ban ends but have found an employer who wants to sponsor a 457 visa. Will my visa application be refused?
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.

Good Morning

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.

I can tell you, it will be refused.

You will not be granted any visa during the exclusion period and if you apply they will use that against you in any future application

I would suggest you delay any application till after the exclusion period is over.

If the employer is willing to wait it is in your best interests.

I am sorry I cannot give you anything more positive. If there is nothing further

thank you for using my services.

If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know

If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.

Regards