How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Daniel Your Own Question
Daniel, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 5771
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (dist) Graduate Diploma in Legal Practise. Admitted NSW Supreme Court / High Court
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Daniel is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have been notified of a judgement entered against me in

Customer Question

I have been notified of a judgement entered against me in court but have never received a summons to attend.
I found out as I was advised when someone opened my mail at a former address.
Do I have a defence.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.

Yes, you can go to the court that the judgement was made and file what is called a 'Notice of Motion'
You seek the order that
'the judgement made on INSERT DATE be set aside.
You explain that you were not aware of the proceedings and want the matter reheard.
HOWEVER, if you owe the money, you can negotiate with them and save all this work by paying a lesser sum.

Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

Please leave feedback and click on the 'accept' button.
I am able to answer further questions if need be.