Daniel, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (dist) Graduate Diploma in Legal Practise. Admitted NSW Supreme Court / High Court
13248794

I have solar panels installed shop through Supercharged

Customer Question

I have solar panels installed for my shop through Supercharged Solar. Their rep told me that they will take care of the approval process from the landlord prior to installation. After installation, I received a call from the landlord that no one approved the installation. The installation is completed in July but up to today, the system is not operational.
And they had already taking monthly payments out of my bank account.
I had repeatedly tried to contact them to resolve the issue but till now, the system is still not working.
Energex and Agl highlighted that there is some work due to be completed on the circuit board but the landlord of my rental shop is not allowing them access to the board as they do not fulfill some of their requirements and now they are saying that I need to pay for what my landlord requires.
I really do not want to pay anymore for something that they installed without approval as well as non-functional equipments. Can you advise on my rights and if I can get them to uninstall them.
Thank you
Category: Australia Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

Hello
They are in the business of installing solar panels and the like.

They have also promised you that they would undertake all works and obtained consent.
You are not obliged to fork out any further monies as it was their mistake and did not abide by the contract.
I would strongly suggest that you inform them of same of face a complaint to consumer affairs.

Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

https://www.qld.gov.au/law/your-rights/consumer-rights-complaints-and-scams/