How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask kmslaw Your Own Question
kmslaw, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 209
Experience:  I have 15 years legal experience behind me and I graduated from the University of Sydney with First Class Honours in Arts/Law.
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
kmslaw is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have received a letter from a lawyer. It states the

Customer Question

I have received a letter from a lawyer. It states the concerns of his client against me (which involves several mistruths) and concludes by stating I am not to contact his office as he has been informed by his client not to communicate with me. I am upset that my name and reputation has been slighted by the contents of this letter, and that there appears to be no reciprocal action I can take ?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  kmslaw replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is***** am a solicitor in NSW who is going to assist you with your matter today.

Are you concerned about the defamatory aspects of the letter? Are you wanting to be advised on whether you have been defamed and what course of action to take? I'm just trying to get an idea of what concerns you.

It's possible that the solicitor has been advised by his client not to communicate with you in order to save legal costs to the client. If that's the case, it doesn't mean you can't write to that solicitor and have them pass on the letter to their client, it just means that they won't be able to charge for this with their client. So you could either (1) send them a letter or (2) send a letter to the client (your adversary).

Does that make sense?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
A few details. My husband had an affair with this woman. My husband is a builder and she invested in his latest residential development (while having the affair, unbeknown to me at the time). My husband and I are equal entities in the building company. My husband and I have been trying to reconciliate. This has been difficult when she emails my husband for updates and "meetings" over the property. As more and more lies have been revealed, over time, about the two of them, such as the the length of their affair etc! reconciliation is no longer looking favourable. The development is now finished and a "lottery" system was used to allocate units to the investors. My husband and I have three units. My son one unit. My daughter one unit (and it was knowledge to all investors that my daughter would be living there and moving in immediately) and five other units belonging to other investors, including this woman. Unfortunately, in the lottery draw, my daughters unit and my husband's mistresses unit are next door to each other, joined by a common wall. I texted this woman a REQUEST to make a moral decision and please sell her unit, as it was having an emotional impact on my daughter. I received a letter from her lawyer stating I had made demands on her to sell and she now fears I will pursue this matter and she has been advised of legal proceedings if I contact her. I am concerned that this letter from the lawyer does not describe the situation accurately. I am also interested in whether a counter-letter, advising her that her actions have caused ongoing distress for me and family members, have prompted me to seek legal advice? My daughter is having panic attacks every time she walks out the front and sees someone in her garden - thinking it is her. I now have an STD (HPV-16) that, because of my SLE lupus has attacked my internal organs, including lungs, bladder, orophanx and nasopharynx, and have been having numerous medical and dental interventions over the past two years. I have been polite to this woman. I have not threatened her. I just want her out of my life and the life of my daughter.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Note: a building company has continuous liason with investors, due to maintenance issues. My daughter will also have to sit in the same meeting room with this woman for any strata meetings etc.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Note: a building company has continuous liason with investors, due to maintenance issues - for SEVEN YEARS
Expert:  kmslaw replied 1 year ago.

Hello. It's not clear to me what you want. Do you want me to tell you whether you can write a letter? If so, the answer is yes. You can write to her (the mistress).