How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Leon Your Own Question
Leon, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 44178
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Leon is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Can i get a refund on school term fees if i did not give one

Customer Question

Can i get a refund on school term fees if i did not give one terms notice per the schools business statement policy?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.

Good Morning

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.

If there is a requirement that you give the notice in the agreement that you signed with them, and you have failed to do so then you will have difficulty in getting your money back.

When you enrolled the child you signed an agreement and that is what you are governed by. So not complying with it means that you will not be able to get your money back.

If you can email me the agreement to***@******.*** I can give you more information when I have seen it.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Leon,
Yes I realise that, but I was looking for a less obvious response. Are there any situations where people have been successful in getting a refund after signing an agreement like this and not complying to the terms for reasons such as - it was not suitable for my child?
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.

Good Morning

This can only happen if the school agrees.

Because you have entered the agreement as it is, it can only be changed by agreement,

If you feel it is harsh and unreasonable you can take it to court and have them decide.

There is an unfair contract act that you can rely on.

Here is a guide to the law from the ACCC

You may be able to rely on this and get your money back.

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If there is nothing further

thank you for using my services.

If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know

If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.



Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.

Good Morning

I am just following up my last post.

Are you still in need of assistance?