Leon, Solicitor
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)
12124641

I adopted an adult in the U.S. If he and s family go to

Customer Question

I adopted an adult in the U.S. If he and his family go to Australia for study and eventually immigrate, can I go with them? He is 40 and I am 75 and in goo health.
Category: Australia Law
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I am a US citizen, resident in the U.S. I have an adopted son whom I adopted when he was an adult in the U.S. If he and his family go to Australia for study and eventually immigrate, can I go with them? He is 40 and I am 75 and in good health.
Expert:  Leon replied 2 years ago.

Good Morning

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.

As you are all adults you cannot be sponsored as an adult to go with them.

If you have no other family in the US once they are in Australia and have been granted permanent residency they may be able to sponsor you on a last remaining relative visa but this is all after they have become permanent residents.

I am sorry I cannot give you anything more positive.

If there is nothing further

thank you for using my services.

If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know

If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.

Regards

Expert:  Leon replied 2 years ago.

Good Afternoon

Do you need any further assistance?