How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Leon Your Own Question
Leon, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 44660
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Leon is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My sons partner will not tell m were her & the baby are.

Customer Question

my sons partner will not tell him were her & the baby are. none of her family mebers will get involved. he lives in emerald qld & she was in albury what can he do?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.

Good Afternoon

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.

Does he know where his partner is?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, she was living with her mother up until last week. She told everyone that she was moving to Perth on Wednesday the 23rd. My son is making arrangements to rent his house & get his tool organised as he was going to move to Perth as well. On thursday the 24th she decided that she wasnt going. Her friends on face book seem to think that she has gone to Perth. she wont say where she is or allow him face time with his daughter of 7 months, He pays child support. She moved from emerald when she was 7 months pregnant , my son was there for the birth. He got a job with 7 day rooster so that he could fly done on his days off. he lost his job when the baby was about 2 months old. his partner flew up with the baby & stayed for about 3 weeks then left to go back albury. the relation ship is problematic. what rights does he have. no DNA test has been performed.
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.

Good Afternoon

He has ot file an urgent application for a recovery order with the court.

He makes sure that he serves her mother as I would assume that she would have contact withy her. If she has facebook or email he can seek to serve her on that.

Once he has the order then he can have the police look for her.

If he disputes he is the father he can seek orders for a DNA test as well.

It is the child that has the right to know both parents and she cannot deliberately be obstructive.