How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Leon Your Own Question
Leon, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 44332
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Leon is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I didn't have suitable housing as was in between properties

Customer Question

I didn't have suitable housing as was in between properties and staying in a holiday letting apartment. My son who was 6 was staying between his grandmothers and fathers and also myself. The department became involved when I applied for public housing. I agreed to intervention with parental agreement order with child safety, work with the dep, parents keep custody. They informed me that they would be able to assist me with obtaining housing if I agreed to this. Though told a court order of one year was required, did not appear, order was granted for a year and was only given contact twice a week supervised by the department for an hour. They placed him in his fathers care and waited the 28 day period and then removed him into foster care. I appealed in children's court though the matter was moved to the district court and struck out as I agreed to the order. In their defence regarding appeal they state I have met the concerns of the department and can not fault my parenting skills, though have to revoke not appeal. They have stopped contact completely with my son as he said he was scared he would never return home to me and I said he needs to ask for an advocate. This order when obtained from the court house does not state terms and conditions nor does a stat dec come attached or signed by the magistrate??? They now say they are extending the order for another 1 and a half years, though I believe they are going to seek until he is 18 and deceive me again. If I revoke I'm informally agreeing to the order, (if it is legitimate) am thinking to ask for leave to have the matter reopened and delt with correctly in the children's court. Have studied the laws for Over a year now and am a qualified real estate agent, though not practicing atm due to the matter at hand. Please am desperate for unbiased advise as legal aid seems to be.
Yours respectfully ***** QLD Australia
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.

Good Afternoon

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.

I am sorry to hear about what has happened and I am concerned because I am not sure what order you agreed to?

Also what concerns do they have about the child's safety to take him away from both parents?

Have you spoken to a Solicitor about this or have you been representing yourself in court?

Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.

Good Afternoon

I am following up our last chat. IS there anything else I can assist you with?

Related Australia Law Questions