How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Leon Your Own Question
Leon, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 44196
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Leon is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

We have just had a single expert report done and the outcome

Customer Question

We have just had a single expert report done and the outcome is very far from what I imagined it would be.
I know the ICL shares a different view. Has anyone experienced a case where the ICL has disagreed with the family report?
I'm not sure what's options are now as I am financially strained. I think I can write the expert to clarify certain answers but I would then have to pay for that time.
Would I be able to file an affidavit in response so that at least the magistrate can see what my areas of concern are?
I'm a bit picky sometimes but the report has names wrong, ages wrong, children's names spelled 3 different ways across the report.
I question the evidence given by an outside party ( the school). Can I contact them to clarify or provide documentation for their comments?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.

Good Morning

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.

You can write to the Expert and point out the mistakes and make sure that the other parties are also copies in to the correspondence. You cannot do it on your own without them knowing.

You have a right to cross examine on the report etc at the hearing.

This is when you raise the issues and question them not now.

All you can do is write to them to point out errors made in the report not your objections to the content.

On the information from the school issue a subpoena on the school to present the records and you can then use these against the report at the hearing.

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If there is nothing further

thank you for using my services.

If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know

If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.