How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Daniel Your Own Question
Daniel, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 5594
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (dist) Graduate Diploma in Legal Practise. Admitted NSW Supreme Court / High Court
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Daniel is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

In 2002 I was wrongly charged with Assault of my then 5 yr

Customer Question

Hi Patrick, I'm Mark. In 2002 I was wrongly charged with Sexual Assault of my then 5 yr old daughter. In 2003 this matter was No Billed in the District Criminal Court of NSW. I wish to have my criminal record Expunged for this matter. How do I deal with this and what sought of solicitor do I need ?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

In respect of the matter, as it is is a sexual offence, there is no avenue to wipe the criminal record sadly.

The acts that a criminal record cannot be wiped:

  • If the offender was sentenced to more than six months imprisonment (periodic or home detention do not count)
  • Convictions against companies and other corporate bodies
  • Sexual offences under the Criminal Records Act 1991; and
  • Other statutory exceptions laid out by the Regulations

    I wish I could give better news.
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

I can give further assistance if need be.
Please leave feedback as to my service.