How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Daniel Your Own Question
Daniel, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 5708
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (dist) Graduate Diploma in Legal Practise. Admitted NSW Supreme Court / High Court
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Daniel is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Tax requirement, I returned to Australia to reside

Customer Question

Tax requirement,
I returned to Australia to reside permanently on March 10, 2015. I applied for and was granted the Age Pension at that time. I left Australia in 1972 and have not worked in this country since that time. My tax number was generated in April 2013.
I have not worked in Australia since 1972 and the only income I have received since my return is a payment my ex-husband sends me on a monthly basis. As it is not included in the Australian Divorce Settlement, and thus might cease to to be sent at any time, must I complete a tax return and,if so, where do I acquire the forms,when must they be submitted
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

You need to lodge a tax return

You can contact the ATO and do the tax return online also.

Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

If there is any further assistance I can be of, please let me know.
Please also leave feedback as to my service.

Related Australia Law Questions